Last updated on May 7th, 2022.
Cash App, similar to Venmo, is a simple smartphone app that lets users transfer funds to friends or family with just a few taps.
Once you’ve linked an active bank account, you can begin sending, receiving, and requesting money on the app. Here’s how to use Cash App to send money.
To send money on Cash App:
- Open Cash App on your device.
Quick tip: If the green screen for sending and requesting money doesn’t automatically appear, tap the dollar “$” symbol in the bottom-center of the screen.
- Enter the amount of money you want to send.
- Tap “Pay” in the bottom-right corner.
- Enter the email, phone number, or $cashtag of the recipient.
Quick tip: You can also allow Cash App to access your contact list to find friends more easily.
- In the “For” field, enter a note stating the purpose of the payment.
- Tap “Pay” and your money will be sent to the recipient.